Thursday, February 22, 2018

Am I the only one that struggles with a title for each blog post? I find it hard enough to write a post let alone title it, so no title this week.

Last week I had a plan to do a quilt out of some of my hand dyed shibori fabrics, I even drew out a pattern for it, but it was just not coming together. Over the weekend I decided to scrap the whole thing and while I was cleaning up my mess came up with another idea. This one came together in about an hour.


I just have to sew on the facings, add a sleeve, title it and take a decent photo so that it looks as square as it is. I plan on entering it into a call from SAQA with the theme Metamorphosis.

Weekly Leaf #8
Since I ran out of eco prints last week I had to come up with something else for my leaf. I still have a very large bag of dyed paper towels left over form my dying days. I used them a few years ago in one of my daily stitching projects, you can see it here. I pulled out some fairly muted colors.

Decided on the green, ironed it and put misty fuse on the back.

Before stitching

After stitching



I can do several leaves out of this on piece of paper towel so you will probably see it for at least the next three weeks.

2018 Daily Stitching days 47-53
         More background stitching and another spiral.



71 Days of Mark Making days 46-52



Only 19 more days to go!

I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

7 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your mark making practice. It says to me that I need to shut up about my thoughts about my initial foray into mark making in a sketchbook and just do it! As in most things, it's the repetitive practice that over time shows its worth, not the individual efforts.

    Your paper towel leaves have given me an idea for some hand-made paper that ended up with a texture on it that looked all in the world like paper towels. I really need to just cut it up and use it, stitch right over it!

    And finally, about those blog posts. Usually a title comes to me as I'm working away and thinking about how I might blog about what I'm doing. But yes, every now and then, a catchy title eludes me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've noticed that as the days go by my marks have changed quite a bit.
      Handmade paper is really quite easy to stitch, go for it.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm, why don't my clean-up paper towels look like that? Love what you're doing with them and you know how I feel about ginkgoes.
    Also great work with your shibori scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ginkgo leaf! I’m amazed by what you do with some paper, fabric and thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture with that paper towel!
    Isn't it so amazing how some ideas just don't work out the way we plan, and then other ideas just blossom unexpectedly?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ginkgo leaf looks amazing and all from left over paper towel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful your leaf is. Love seeing your other owrk too

    ReplyDelete