Thursday, September 28, 2017

More French knots, SAQA Auction,Indigo and some finished leaves

I've had a busy week which included a surprise visit and four day stay by my sister in law and her husband. They came to surprise Don for his birthday.

I've finished all the little leaf pieces and each is mounted on a canvas.



The second week of the SAQA Auction is in full swing and my piece is still available.


Today I had a wonderful group of creatives here to learn some shibori techniques with indigo. I managed to get one picture of them all together in front of a line of their work. The pieces that are being held haven't had time to oxidize yet, that's why they are green.


Weekly stitching
Signs Of Life:The five universal shapes
week #39
Lots more french knots



2017 Daily Stitching #2 days108-114



I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous pieces. I know I've mentioned this before, but I adore your embroidery skills. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your commitment to daily stitching is to be admired. And your work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves are perfect for fall! I am blown away by all of your French knots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun going on there!
    Love those framed leaf pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Linda. I didn't realized how much I missed visiting your wonderful blog. Everything in this post is so pleasing to me. And the French knots are to die for! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, and not giving up on me! I'm house painting this Fall, trying to hold things together and to keep stitching in the evening. Such is life! Have a great autumn! best, nadia

    ReplyDelete