Thursday, August 31, 2017

One more donation quilt

I didn't spend much time in the studio this week, I did get one more donation quilt done. I used some leftover stripe fabric from the curtains I made for the kitchen window. The curtains are very faded now and need to be replaced, but the piece of leftover fabric looked great.

I now have 5 donation quilts ready to go to a local relief nursery's fund raiser next month. I keep thinking that my fabric stash would start getting smaller, but there's no noticeable difference.

Weekly Stitching
Signs of Life: The five universal shapes
weeks #31-35
 Finished and fused to black felt.



This years weeklies

The next five weeks are ready to go. I started with this drawing.

Auditioned lots of thread.

Decided on this group of threads and a white background.

I'm ready to get started. I think there will be lots of french knots.

2017 Daily stitching #2 days#80-86

French knots and more background

I'm almost half way.


I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

4 comments:

  1. Love those wiggly stripes in the donation quilt. Your hand stitching continually amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'll be interested to see your handwork project when it is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That donation quilt is so pretty. Your embroidery project is great. I love all of the threads that you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete