Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Postcards

It's Christmas Postcard time again! This year I started with a vague idea of a simple tree sketch and after doing about a dozen found one I was happy with.
A thermofax screen was made and I headed out to Studio B to do some printing. My fabric this year is a piece of solid lime green decorator fabric from my stash. Misty fuse was applied to the back before cutting it into 4"x6" pieces.

Next step was to make a triangle shaped stencil out of a 4x6 index card and brush a light layer of green to each of the fabric pieces.


Then came the print with the thermofax screen.


Once they were all printed it was back inside to StudioA to add a scattering of french knots to each tree.

Next up was fusing the fabric to timtex.

Muslin was cut and fused to the back of each. Then on to the sewing machine to finish the edges.

Final step before addressing and mailing was to glue a star on the top of each tree.
Done!

Yesterday I quilted my indigo piece, all thats left to do is the sleeve, label and decent photography.

Pale Moon Rising
21"x49"


The Weekly Leaf
I used one of my new stencils that arrived last week, this one from Stencil Girl.

Week #50




Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #341-347




Shades of Orange #268-274



I'll be linking up to "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

8 comments:

  1. Your cards are utterly charming. I'm sure they will be cherished by the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, love you Christmas tree postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your screen printed postcards are so cute! I stamped mine this year using a stamp I cut in the spring, and it's so fun to see the variation from card to card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your sketches. I, too, have to sketch, doodle, draw and eventually, something I like comes out of my hand. I like how you use embroidery in your quilts. I've recently started using embroidery floss on a quilt and finding I really like the effect I'm getting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those cards are so cute and creative, love this new leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas postcards. The French knots and the stars are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards! Love the embellishments that make them sparkle!

    ReplyDelete