Monday, September 19, 2016

SAQA Auction and three pieces done

Today is the official start of the annual SAQA auction, you can see all the pieces plus the rules here. My pieces "Indigo and Rust" is in the first group.

The quilts are divided into three sections, a section for each week of the auction. It's a reverse auction, so the price today is $750 and it gets progressively smaller until the end of the week when it's $100. Be sure to check them all out, there is some fabulous artwork available.


I finished all three pieces of my retired print table cover series. I do have to get photographs and get them entered into the show. Here they are crowded onto my eight foot design wall.

They definitely need some space between them!

I've got a busy week ahead of me, a group of creatives are coming here tomorrow thru wednesday to learn indigo, soy wax, gelli printing and solar fast printing. Most of them live in the Garden Valley area of Idaho and were here six years ago to learn to dye and print fabric.

The Weekly Leaf
I used burnt orange SolarFast on a yellow hand dye for this weeks print and I totally forgot to take a picture of the process.

Week #38





Daily Stitching updates

Gelli prints #257-263




Shades of Orange #184-190





As usual I will be linking to "Off the Wall Friday" on Friday and on Sunday to "Slow Sunday Stitching"

2 comments: