Monday, May 11, 2015

White on Black #3

A few months ago I finished one of my large circle quilts, I showed the painting in progress here. I finally got it photographed.

White on Black #3
78" x 78"
cotton, silk and velvet, collaged
machine quilted
painted
photo by Jake Soper

The Weekly Leaf
This weeks leaf was done with Jacquards SolarFast. Jacquard also has a negative generator  which turns a photo into a negative. I started with this photo.


With the help of the negative generator I turned it into this.


Painted the SolarFast onto my fabric, pinned the negative over it and set it in the sun for about twelve minutes, which gave me this.


Week #19




Daily Stitching updates

Silk Fragments #126-#131



Sari Ribbon #54-#59




Linked to "Off the Wall Friday"

6 comments:

  1. I love the negative generator! Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It sure is fun to play with.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see that circle quilt in person. I bet those different blacks give it a whole different look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our white/black circle series...and the sari series! I don't know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing - great information as usual :-) that negative thing is cool ,

    ReplyDelete