Monday, August 13, 2012

Time for a break

Bright and early tomorrow morning, I'm going to pick up two friends and we are taking off for a girls week. A fourth friend has rented a house for the month of August at Diamond Lake, WA, so we are going to join her. It's north of Spokane and very close to the Idaho border, about a seven hour drive from here. We are escaping the very hot, dry smokey air in our area and hoping for something a bit cooler without the smoke from wildfires. My laptop is staying home so I'll be out of touch for a while. The Fantasy garden class was fun on Friday. Below on the left is Ardele, she is here from Minnesota visiting her sister Donna on the right. They are showing off the little quilts they made.
This is Adele and her quilt.
Barb was also there doing a different quilt she calls Fantasy Garden Revisited. She had taken the class a few years ago and has added her own twist to it.
I've got my thread and fabrics all packed so I can continue my daily stitching project. Here are #149 through #153.
If you like graffiti, starting tomorrow I'm having graffiti week on my daily photo blog. I frequently walk along an infrequently used railroad siding. To my surprise, there were several box cars on the siding all with graffiti on there sides.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip. I'm also having a "girls' few days", not a whole week like you. I'll have to catch your train graffiti when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on your trip. Thanks for sharing the photos of the flower garden quilts!

    ReplyDelete