Thursday, April 12, 2012

A bit of quilting, a bit of knitting and possibly some avoidance

I spent a couple of hours layering the eight donation quilt tops I've made in the past few months so that I could get them done. I have two quilted and ready to donate to the local Project Linus chapter, six more to go.




I also layered the quilt from leftovers, but I think this is where the avoidance comes in - I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it. I usually just start with a vague idea in my head as to how I will do it and just go from there, but so far my vague idea hasn't inspired me to start. I also have two other quilts laying around that are waiting for some big chunky hand stitching. So instead of jumping in and working on the big pieces that I don't want to screw up, I'm do the simple give away ones. At least I'm thinking about what I might do with the others.

I've also been knitting, I finished the first sock of my second pair. It took me two months to do one sock, so this pair will be for next winter.



And here are #26 thru #30 of my daily project.

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through with Wes' first sock and halfway through with Anna's first sock...you're way ahead of me. The sock yarn you are using is wonderful.
    I love what you are doing with black and white.

    ReplyDelete